The restored 2 story Overstreet House built in 1864, a church, school house, train station, etc In 1961, a prominent citizen of San Antonio, Florida, offered a variety of old farm equipment to the Pasco County Fair Association. The Association accepted 37 vehicles and tools of yesteryear. This gift provided the incentive for forming the Pioneer Florida Museum Association with 87 Charter Members. The main Museum is housed in a 50' by 100' steel building, which features a wide rustic front porch, an addition of a medical room. Also on the grounds stands the restored Overstreet House, a one-room school house from Lacoochee, a church from Enterprise, the Trilby depot, and a train engine. Moving and restoration was completely paid for by private contributors. The 16 beautiful wooded acres were a gift from a Museum Association Charter Member. The Association has established a Museum that recalls the basic, simple values of our forebears, asserts the dignity of labor, and emphasizes the value of craftsmanship.
On display are tools of the Florida Pioneer Man, showing how he built his house,made his furniture, plowed his fields, harvested his crops, and did his leather-work and blacksmithing. Also the Trilby Depot, the Lacoochee one room schoolhouse, is a 100 year old building. Methodist Church from Enterprise and the two story 1864 restored Overstreet House.
On display in the Overstreet House and kitchen addition, are furnishings which reflect the Florida Pioneer Woman's ev
A beautiful historic museum and village on 16 wooded acres.
News & Articles
Say Something or Ask a Question about Pioneer Florida Museum and Village